The BiopolyNov Research and Development centre has acquired various means of implementation of plastics engineering to carry out the R&D work entrusted to it.
This equipment includes all the various steps involved in development of new materials:
- The compounding of bioplastics which allows combining polymers, loads, additives, etc.
- The injection of bioplastics samples and demonstration units (possibility of developing prototype moulds with our partners)
- Implementation of bioplastics on prototyping equipment for extrusion of strips and extrusion of thin film.
- The characterisation of the primary properties of polymers in the laboratory.
The industrial production of bioplastics compounds is ensured by NaturePlast through a compounding line which allows meeting industrial requirements or validating large scale transformation.
BiopolyNov has equipment for treatment and valorization of by-products like dryers, grinders, and sieves, which allow us to work on a laboratory scale for most by-products or waste material which are submitted to us.
- Density (ISO standard 1183)
- HDT / Vicat (ISO standards 75 / 306)
- Traction / Bending (ISO standards 527 / 178)
- Charpy impact test with / without notch (ISO standard 179)
- Melt flow: MFI / MVI (ISO standard 1133)
- Shore hardness (ISO standard 868)
- Karl Fisher (ISO standard 15512)
- Temperature controlled accelerated weathering chamber