ALGRIPLAST: recovery of algae, cereal and vegetable derivatives and by-products as matrixes or fillers for biodegradable applications in circular economy.
The Algriplast project aims to develop new materials and biodegradable plastic finished products by valorising derivatives and co-products from agro-food productions. The work will focus in particular on the research for new functionalities that can be provided by the use of these by-products and derivatives in the plastics industry.
- Design of new bioplastic formulations from biomasses or derivatives
- Development of new rigid, semi-rigid and flexible applications
- Control of lifetime by modulating the kinetics of biodegradation
- Implementation of industrial processes for the production of prototypes
- Environmental impact study using life cycle assessment
- NOV’A Research
- UMR EVA – Caen University
- 5 partners
- budget of 1.25 M€
- Financiers: Normandy region and FEDER
- Execution period : 2019 – 2022
NaturePlast is in charge of the administrative coordination of the project, the research and development of the plasticized by-products, the shaping and production of the compounds/materials.