Support for the development of the bioeconomy by strengthening the European science-policy interface
BIOMODEL4REGIONS aims to support the establishment of the innovative governance models at local/regional level to achieve better informed decision-making processes, social engagement and innovation to support and strengthen EU and international science-policy interfaces to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
BIOMODEL4REGIONS will aim to reach the following main objectives:
- Define options of a supporting governance structure and related capacities for regional authorities
- Support to local economic and implementing authorities, including at bio-based economy clusters’ level, to improve engagement of regional and local actors.
- Analysis of the regional bio-based economy-related policy mix to understand the potentials, bottlenecks, and opportunities, capacities for feedstocks, infrastructure, investment, human skills, innovation actors.
- Analysis, development and updating business models to enable consumers, SMEs, producers, regional and local authorities to switch to socially and environmentally responsible behaviour.
- Development of the best practice guidelines for local operators and innovation developers, supporting climate neutrality and low environmental footprint improvements of bio-based products and services.
- Integration of the opportunities created by the local bio-based economy within broader bio-based economy transition.
- To ensure efficient exchange of best practice and engagement of all actors via robust and transparent communication and awareness-rising campaigns.
- To replicate the project results throughout Europe, by contributing to the Circular Cities and Regions Initiative (CCRI).
Bioeconomy Cluster (Slovakia)
BioFuel Region (Sweden)
Zielona Chemia (Poland)
Circular Biobased Delta (Netherland)
RISE Processum (Sweden)
Wageningen Economic Research (Netherland)
Innovation Engineering (Italy)
Financiers: European Commission (HORIZON-CL6-2021-GOVERNANCE-01)
Execution period: 2022-2025
NaturePlast is an example of a case study on aquatic biomass in Normandy and will share its experience by participating in workshop and the elaboration of guidelines.
NaturePlast will also participate in management, communication and dissemination activities.