BIORURAL: accelerate the integration of circular biobased solutions in European rural areas.
The Biorural project aims to accelerate the integration of circular bio-based solutions in European rural areas. These solutions are promoted in particular through the creation of a European network related to the rural bioeconomy.
The main activities of this project include:
- Assessment of the current status of the European bioeconomy
- Identification of factors affecting the uptake of innovation and diffusion of bio-based solutions
- Creation of a European rural bioeconomy network
- Assessment and promotion of bio-based solutions in rural areas
- Knowledge exchange and capacity building for the rural bioeconomy.
- Development and optimisation of an online tool open to stakeholders (BioRural Toolkit).
- Creation of rural development models for bioeconomy businesses.
- CERTH (Greece)
- DELPHY (Netherlands)
- Valorial (France)
- IZES (Germany)
- University of Aarhus (Denmark)
- IUNG-PIB (Poland)
- Vytautas-Magnus University (Lithuania)
- University of Agriculture of Latvia
- AVEBIOM (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- Centro da Biomassa para a Energia (Portugal)
- AIEL (Italy)
- FSH (Greece)
- InCommOn (Greece)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- ALGEN (Slovenia)
- GEA (Romania)
- Green Growth Platform (North Macedonia)
NaturePlast’s mission is to share its experience in the field of biobased and/or biodegradable bioplastics. NaturePlast has access to a large network of technical partners, universities and institutions.